Barbra's wild Wendsday | Teen Ink

Barbra's wild Wendsday

September 8, 2023
By im0325250 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
im0325250 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It started off as a regular Wednesday morning at Elliot elementary school. But soon to take a horrible turn. After getting to school around the same time as usual, Barbra the lunch lady checked in and went to the kitchen to get her day started. She started off by mopping the restrooms so they would be clean by the time the students started arriving. Out of nowhere Barbra starts to slip,before she falls she notices a huge puddle of water on the floor. Seconds later she was out like a light. She then wakes up with hundreds of messages like her phone was about to EXPLODE! She starts reading the messages and it's her boss. The messages said “Barbra, where are you should've be at the convention 30 minutes ago”? She then receives a phone call from boss. She picks up the phone and someone from the other side of the phone says “where are you? You should've been here already. No way she was thrilled but of course she said she was on the way. But Barbara thought to herself why would I go to such a wonderful place even when I drive an antiquated car. Rushing to get ready Barbra walks outside to get in her old beaten up car,but instead she sees her dream car which was a Bmw i8. After standing in shock for a while she finally gets in and starts making her way to the convention. On the way she starts to think to herself wow i have really ascended. After driving for 30 minutes her butt started to catch on fire,She finally arrives at the convention. When she made it she rushed to the door but a tall black man with a bald Shiny head stopped her ‘’I work here’’ barbra said. ‘’Do we have a barbra’’ he said on the walkie talkie ‘’NOPE said penelope’’ ‘’WHAT’’ barbra yelled. Has she been forgotten? Was it all a dream?! …. Hearing muffled voices Barbra woke up,trying to figure out her surroundings, but failing to see clearly she rubs her eyes. After being able to gain her sight, she looks around, machines,and a bunch of wires connected to her, she then looks up and sees what feels like a thousand eyes watching her, is a room full of doctors staring at her like they had just seen a ghost.One blonde haired doctor with blue eyes walks up to Barbra and says “ hello mrs. Barbra you have been in a coma for an entire day”.
Barbra could not believe her ears, surely they were playing tricks on her?. Another doctor comes up to barbra then says “how are you feeling, we are glad that you have woken up,” Barbra had so many things running through her mind, “how did this happen” barbra asked hesitantly “ the blonde haired doctor places her hand on barbras to comfort her she then explains that barba was at work cleaning the restrooms before the day started and had somehow slipped and hit her head extremely hard, she then explained that barbra had been in a post- traumatic coma, and that her chances of surviving was very low
The blonde headed doctor then spoke again saying ms barbara do you remember anything that happened. According to Barbara she had just woken up, and she thought about the enmity she had for the students at Elliott elementary school. And how the students would denison her.But instead of being the old, dirty, sweaty lunch lady. She was the pro gamer she always wanted to be. After that she got ready for the big convention. Wearing shiny shoes,jeans, and big loopy earrings, Barbra was ready for the convention. After what had seemed like years and years with different tests, and scans Barbra was able to finally be left alone to relax and process what was just discovered.Barbra really wanted to speak to her favorite granddaughter charlotte. Barbara called charlotte, after a few minutes of catching up,charlotte says something that barbra cannot believe surely her ears were playing tricks on her once again, but when she turns on the tv and checks the news, there she is a picture of barbra and the caption says “ Famous gamer wakes up from coma and fans are going wild”. She then realizes that her dream was not a dream at all, in fact it was a memory.


The author's comments:

This story is an original piece