Kirill Hadley - The Encounter With The Knight | Teen Ink

Kirill Hadley - The Encounter With The Knight

By FlapperClapper3000 BRONZE, Cape Carteret, North Carolina
FlapperClapper3000 BRONZE, Cape Carteret, North Carolina

I am just an ordinary citizen living in the infamous Gotham City, where crime and danger lurk around every corner. It's a city that never sleeps, and neither do its criminals. I wake up every morning to the sound of sirens blaring and helicopters hovering overhead. It's just another day in Gotham.
I go about my day, trying to ignore the constant fear and unease that comes with living in a city like this. I work at a coffee shop near downtown Gotham. The customers who come in are a mix of regulars and tourists, all looking for a quick caffeine fix before going about their day. I try my best to provide friendly service and a smile, but it's hard to shake off the constant anxiety that comes with living in Gotham.
One day, while I was working the morning shift, a group of masked criminals burst into the shop, demanding all the cash from the register. I froze, not knowing what to do. But then, a dark figure appeared from out of nowhere and swiftly took down the robbers. It was Batman. I couldn't believe it. The legendary Dark Knight, who I had only heard about in the news and stories, was right in front of me. He didn't say a word, just disappeared into the night as quickly as he appeared.
From that day on, I couldn't shake the feeling that Batman was always watching over Gotham, keeping us safe from the criminals who threatened our city. It was a small comfort in an otherwise dangerous and unpredictable world.
Living in Gotham City is not for the faint of heart, but it's a city that has a way of bringing out the best in people. We band together in the face of danger and adversity, knowing that we can rely on each other for support. So, I continue to live my life in Gotham, with a newfound appreciation for the heroes who keep our city safe. And I hope that one day, I can be a hero too, even if it's just in my own small way.

So when writing this short story journal, I recently re-watched The Batman (2022) and read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth which is now one of my favorite interpretations of Batman. I also wanted to do a story about what it's like to be a civilian in Gotham City.