The Mysterious Door | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Door

By jml02 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
jml02 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I pulled back the curtain and, to my surprise, there was a door. I was the main character in a horror movie. I tried to convince myself that entering it was a good idea. I twisted the knob and the door creaked open. 

What was behind the door surprised me even more—it was my house. I was confused, did I really just transport to my front yard? As I walked closer to my house, I saw… myself? I hid in the nearest spot behind a birch tree beside the garage. As I watched myself walk into the garage there was a boy following. I was shocked, the next thing I remember I was laying on the grass. I slowly lifted myself off the ground and crawled to the window. I peeked through the window to see my mom, she was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. I quickly ducked as she looked in my direction. As she started walking towards the window I filled with panic, my heart racing. She looked right at me and closed the blinds. I wondered if she didn’t see me or was ignoring me. I decided to walk through the front door, but once I got inside it was like I was invisible. I jumped up and down in front of my mom. Nothing. 

Then, there I was, standing in the kitchen. A million questions filled my brain. Is this my life? Is this the future? Am I dead? I decided to look around and see in this weird place what I was like. My room was yellow instead of blue, there were pictures everywhere but they weren’t my friends, my bed was neatly made, no stuffed animals, no blankets. I seemed to have a boyfriend and my two sisters didn’t move out. It was like I was seeing my life if I made different decisions. 

Was there more dimensions of my life if I had made other decisions? Was I dreaming? Were there more doors? How do I get back?