Skydiving | Teen Ink

Skydiving

February 7, 2019
By gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
gavun BRONZE, Barrington, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There was no fear that could equal this


Two weeks ago Evans’ friends had coaxed him into going skydiving. Evan was terribly afraid of heights and didn’t know what had gotten into him. Evan and his friends all piled into his car. Evan turned up the music all the way to distract himself from the imminent terror. He tried to tell himself that there would be a way out of this but deep down he knew that there was no turning back. His friends, Jacob and James, could tell he was nervous and tried to calm him down. The tires screeched. They had arrived. Evan read the big letters: Sky's the Limit Skydiving Facilities for all your adrenaline needs.

This made Evan want to throw up. Next thing he knew they had already met the instructor and they were boarding the plane. Evan would be strapped to the instructor but his friends had already skydived before so they would be going themselves. Everyone tried to calm Evan down and it worked a little, well… that is until James whipped his phone out and started recording. Then he heard the numbers he had been dreading all day long, three, two, one! For a moment he felt as if he was gracefully flying, the next moment was just pure terror. Evan screamed the whole way down. Once they touched the ground his friends were laughing hysterically. They showed Evan the video, and he was a bit embarrassed. But most of all he was just glad that it was over.