Marquette University This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Wisconsin is home to the Packers, cheese, and beautiful greenery. Tucked into the beauty of the nature, there are also many colleges for transfer students and freshmen alike. One notable  Wisconsin college is Marquette University, located in Milwaukee on Wisconsin Avenue. I had the opportunity to visit Marquette and enjoyed what they had to offer. Even being from a big city like Chicago, Marquette’s campus made me feel at home. My tour guide reassured all the worries I had about going to college: safety policy, student to teacher ratios, and how I was supposed to get around.  The main attraction for myself was the Pre-Physical Therapy program. It is a six year program to become a certificated doctor of physical therapy. For any students that wants a rigorous program that have their heart set on physical therapy this is the school to make that dream come true. The most notable aspect was how straight forward it was to get around the school. According to a Marquette senior named Michael who led us on a tour, “To walk from one end of the campus to another takes less than fifteen minutes.” Considering that most students would not like to be outside during the Wisconsin winters, this makes the commute to classes bearable.

Last year, more than 8000 undergraduate students enrolled into Marquette. Marquette has three undergraduate majors, sixty-six doctoral and master's degrees, and eighteen graduate certificates, so there is something for everyone. The school includes pre-professional programs in dentistry, law and medicine; and undergraduate programs for working adults. Although this is a smaller university, students have easy access to what they prioritize. If students need a twenty four hour place to stay other than their dorm, they can enter with their student i.d to one of the two libraries and a few other places on campus. One of the main differences between Marquette and other universities are the dorms. While juniors and seniors have the option of living in alternative housing, freshmen and sophomores must live on campus.

With the amount of studying that goes on students are up for hours, and by the time they head back to their dorms it can be as late as 2 a.m. Marquette has their own LIMO system, ran by students, that operates from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. that allows students to be dropped off near their requested destination within the boundaries. Another safety perk is the fact that Marquette now has their own police force and according to Michael, “Having the police force at Marquette has dropped the crime rate to fifty percent.” Students on campus are at a state of peace knowing that they are in a safe environment. Although safety plays a big factor, so does passing classes. If students find themselves struggling, Marquette offers free tutoring for every single class they have.

It is difficult to say what can I not find here, but there are a few things to note. The dorms are small and some have no airconditioning, but all furniture is stackable. If students decide to have two roommates opposed to one they have a bathroom in their dorm. This a Jesuit college, so religious preference is something to consider, but according to Michael, “Although this is a Jesuit school you will find students gathered in front of the Joan of Arc Chapel praying as a community. Despite personal religious affiliation this definity is a bucket list item as a student.” After all that was seen during the tour, it has helped to reassure my decision to apply to the school.