UMass Lowell Review | Teen Ink

UMass Lowell Review

November 5, 2014
By Anonymous

Lowell, MA: UMass Lowell is a University for those interested in a city environment, being in the heart of the city of Lowell. It’s a large campus is separated into three different sections, south campus, north campus, and east campus. East campus is mainly for residential purposes and can house around 17,000 students. UMass Lowell is the largest university in the Merrimack Valley and the second-largest public institution in the state behind UMass Amherst. With such a large area that the campus is spread out upon, mean there is plenty to keep you busy. Every night during your years at UMass Lowell should be filled with fun and exciting things, assuming you have already finished your homework for the night. Students may chose from over 100 undergraduate majors ranging anywhere from robotics to English. They also can chose from almost 50 possible minors to add on with the major. Students even have the possibility of earning their bachelor’s degree and their masters degree in five years. Along with all the possibilities in the academic field, there are many possibilities in the athletic field as well. The River Hawks compete at the Division I level, and although many students aren’t athletes, it’s still a great time to go and cheer on your school. The men’s ice hockey team really comes to mind in this category. Being part of the Hockey East Association and being Hockey East champions and advancing to the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Championship for the third straight year. It would be a great feeling to part of that loyal fan base.


While being a state university, the cost of tuition and fees is a far price for in state students, just under $13,000. With the extra money, UMass Lowell has been working hard to construct new buildings including the new Pulichino Tong Business Building, which will offer students a world-class business education with top facilities, including a trading room. Find out more at uml.edu