Villanova University | Teen Ink

Villanova University MAG

By Rafael Vazquez BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Rafael Vazquez BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Villanova, PA: Villanova University Wildcats are running loose as they make their home one of the top universities in the United States. Villanova was founded in 1842 and named for the Spanish Augustine St. Thomas of Villanova; the university is still affiliated with the Augustinian Order. Villanova has a total undergraduate enrollment of about 7,000. In total, there are about 10,700 students.

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to a Villanova student; actually, she was my tour guide. She was so smart and gave a great presentation for all of us who were visiting the home of the Wildcats. As we explored the university, she told us that the most popular majors are business, management, marketing, engineering, health professions, social sciences, and communication/journalism.

The campus is humongous. There are three main areas – Main Campus, West Campus, and South Campus – all within easy walking distance. Not only did we get to walk through each area, but we got to visit a cafeteria and enjoy the delicious food. I loved the cafeteria and was impressed by the variety.

There were many other things I like about Villanova, for example, the library. It is really big and comfortable. I also like how all the students interacted with each other. Just being there made me feel as if I was a Wildcat too.

Villanova is unique. I recommend this university to anyone who can get in. They say if you want something you have to go get it, and that’s what I intend to do. I’m not the only one interested in this wonderful school. Would you like to be a Wildcat too?