Washington University in St. Louis Missouri This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I have been college searching for a while now, but one of the best schools I’ve seen so far is Washington University in St. Louis Missouri.

Right off the bat, I knew it was special; the building looked like a castle; with turrets, flagpoles, and perfectly cut emerald grass. I was in love!

The student body was amazingly diverse, everyone on campus was so unique. I took a look at their statistics, and found these results; 50.8% of students were hispanic, 30.5% were white, 12% were african american, and 5.8% were not entirely categorized. I couldn’t believe the ethnicity rates; imagine the culture Washington University must have! Perfect for aspiring writer’s looking for inspiration.

Not only were the students diverse, but they were also well-educated. Washington University is ranked 14th school in the nation. I would be honoured to be accepted into their league of prestige learners! The school just kept getting better and better.

In addition to the beautiful campus, great student compound, AND education, Washington University is a very considerate school; I sent them a letter about 4 months ago, asking for some advice on how to get into a good college. I also included that I was thirteen, so I didn’t expect a reply. Afterall, I was just a middle schooler.

But I was shocked, exhilarated, and gratified when I received a letter with Washington University’s stamp. They had included a couple of flyers specific on the information I was looking for, indulging my mind with the knowledge I had needed.

I keep those little booklets with me at all times now to remind myself that good work will get me into a good school. They inspired me, just by sending something back. No other school I’ve written to has done that.

After a flip through the guide, I found the tuition; $45,700 for one year. I was a bit intimidated by the number, but then I read about all of their awesome grants, scholarships, and financial help funds. The university seems centered around the students themselves instead of the money they make off of them.

Washington University is my dream school, and I hope I will be able to become part of their elite society one day.

MynaJane1234 said...
today at 8:31 pm:
wow this is really goog and dont let anything stop you from doing anything you are a very bright girl and you can do what ever you put your mind to and dont let anyine tell you different and i really mean that :)

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:34 pm :
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your enthusiasm, and your faith in me! Thanks again! :)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 5:21 pm:
This is very inspiring and I do hope that you will be able to go there ^_^ : ) believe in your dreams, Liv.Harris. I believe that you will be able to go there. This is AMAZINGLY written and I find VERY INSPIRING. This helped me so much. Thanks for sharing this!

yesterday at 5:22 pm :
Thank you so much! i am very glad you liked it so much! ;)