Rowan University | Teen Ink

Rowan University MAG

Glassboro, NJ: In the small town of Glassboro, New Jersey, is an exciting school called Rowan University. You may not know this about Rowan, but it has a rich history and is one of the top educational institutions on the East Coast. Rowan also offers a variety of sports, strong ­academics, and creative clubs. When you visit its serene campus and are ­exposed to its population and breathtaking surroundings, you might find yourself ­applying too.

There are various interesting aspects of Rowan. During its 80-year history, the school has changed its name four times – starting as Glassboro Normal School for training teachers to today’s name. After Henry Rowan made the largest donation ever to a public university, the school was renamed in his honor. Although the name has changed, the school maintains its high ­standards and reputation.

Rowan University has a history of ­excelling. Its entrance requirements are high; only 52 percent of applicants are admitted. Applicants should have a high school GPA of at least 3.0 and should send letters of recommendation, have an interview, offer an SAT range of 1090 to 1260, and be in the top 21 percent of their high school class. If you ­decide to apply and get into Rowan, you will find the average size of a class is 20 students, which will allow you to get individual attention and increase your learning.

At Rowan you will also find a wide diversity of academics. The college is known for its engineering programs, but other majors are equally renowned. It offers 42 undergraduate majors in seven academic colleges: Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Fine and Performing Arts, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Professional and Continuing Education. The school offers seven teaching programs, 38 master’s degrees and specializations, 19 certification programs, and a doctoral program. The enrollment is about 10,000.

If you’re hanging around the campus, keep an eye out for the fierce but friendly brown and yellow owl, who enjoys spreading his wings at athletic events and around campus. Rowan’s athletic program has earned 12 ­national championships (the first was in 1978 in baseball). Along with intense athletic programs, Rowan has 150 clubs to choose from. With all these ­options, Rowan gives students many opportunities to fulfill their dreams and potential.

I recommend Rowan because when you visit, you will find a safe, relaxing, rural ­environment. It is very open and clean to complement the town of Glassboro, which ­isn’t too far from other neighboring towns.

When I first entered Rowan University, I loved the picturesque campus. And once I learned about its history, majors, athletics, clubs, classes, and overall professionalism of the institution, I came to love the idea of ­attending. I recommend you tour this small but prestigious school to find out for yourself what Rowan has to offer.

Visit rowan.edu for more information.

abc123 said...
Rowan is an amazing school in so many aspects! I recommend to check it out, you wont regret it :)