Red Rocks Community College | Teen Ink

Red Rocks Community College

By Shmelmo GOLD, Elma, Iowa
Shmelmo GOLD, Elma, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Lakewood, CO: Located fifteen minutes from Denver and only five minutes from the Rocky Mountains, you will find Red Rocks Community College, ‘One of the finest higher-education institutions in Colorado.’

Students have been enrolled and going to classes since 1973. On July 1st, 1983, the campus officially became Red Rocks Community College, changing from its previous name of Community College of Denver, and became one of the 13 Community Colleges in Colorado.

RRCC offers more than 650 classes ranging from two-year degrees to professional certificates. Some of the areas the college is best known for are Business, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Geology, History, Philosophy, Theatre and Art. They offer class in the traditional face-to-face set-up and online classes as well as self-paced and weekend classes. Course schedules are flexible and fit around work and other commitments.

The entire campus is located on 140 acres of beautiful Rocky Mountain land. Annually RRCC has 14,000 students ranging from high school students taking early classes, to recent high school graduates, or any person looking to expand their knowledge or career. Even with high numbers, most classes have fewer than 20 students.

A helping hand is never hard to find. You can go to the College’s learning commons to share ideas with other students, get help with homework from various different tutors, be part of a study group and even get help directly from your instructor.

As far as housing for the college goes, there are many near-by apartments and rentals as well as college apartments.

Some other things RRCC has to offer is a child care center, services that will aid students who have disabilities, a fitness center, many learning and resource centers and student employment opportunities.

With high standards, challenging courses and well-qualified instructors, Red Rocks Community College is a great choice for any student looking for a successful future.

For more information check out the colleges website: www.rrcc.edu