University of Colorado at Boulder | Teen Ink

University of Colorado at Boulder MAG

By Evan Roukema BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Evan Roukema BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Boulder, CO: Choosing a college out of all the options can be difficult, but having multiple family members attend the same school definitely helps. My dad, aunt, and brother all went to the University of Colorado at Boulder, and they all absolutely loved it. When I went along to drop my brother off, I summed up the campus in one word: magnificent.

Coming from New Jersey, I was impressed by the open space, large mountains, and beautiful landscape. Immediately, I could sense the purity of the air and the warmth of the sun. The college itself is nestled in a large valley surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, which offers an extraordinary feeling of isolation. The campus is in the middle of Boulder, Colorado, which caters to the college.

In Boulder, everyone you meet is welcoming and friendly, which is unusual. The quality of life is so great that the school received a 90 out of 100 from Princeton Review in The 366 Best Colleges. The famous “hill,” located in the middle of campus, features restaurants, stores, activities, and dorms, and is always a lively place. Yet another benefit of attending Colorado is the number of things to do. Being in Boulder means that whitewater rafting, hiking, skiing, and fishing are all within a half hour drive.

Not only is the atmosphere around the college spectacular, but the academics are also admirable, receiving a high rating from Best Colleges. The university is best known for its science and business schools, yet the most popular major is English literature. Over the years, the school has produced many notable alumni, including Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creators of “South Park,” and Jean Stafford, a Pulitzer Prize winner. Overall, The University of Colorado at Boulder is a place of beauty and academic prominence. In Boulder, there is a sense of vitality that fills the campus, yet it feels comfortable and relaxed.

Learn more at colorado.edu.

johnnydaboss said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 6:22 pm
I go to CU, so true bout everything. 

stevieboy said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 6:20 pm
agreed... but u seem flamboyant (teeninkrules)? really?!?

teeninkrules said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 6:13 pm
This is an awesome essay! Makes me wanna go to CU! GO BUFFS!!!!!