Rollins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

WINTER PARK, FL: Rollins College is a small college with 1450 undergraduates. The campus consists of 67 acres on the shores of Lake Virginia, with 80% of the students residing on campus. Rollins is a liberal arts school with small classes in modern, air-conditioned buildings.

I had my interview first, which was informal yet personal. The tour was one hour long and included all the major buildings. The architecture of the major buildings, even the newer ones, is Spanish-Mediterranian style, making the campus very uniform and beautiful. The dorms are co-ed and are a good size. There are sororities and fraternities on campus, but one need not join to be part of the social life on campus.

The town of Winter Park, just outside of Orlando, is a very quaint town with a wonderful street for shopping. There is a new swimming pool right behind the dining room and a new boathouse under construction. While Rollins is certainly academically-oriented, there is plenty of opportunity for fun times. The dining room and snack shop are casual and the guide said that the food is pretty good. The campus is easy to walk around and one does not need a bike. Shorts and t-shirts seem to be the accepted dress for both sexes.

Reviewed in 1990

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

wildcat said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 11:52 am:
i am also interested in rolling and saw much of the same that you wrote about.. but what did you feel about the college? did you feel like it was a small campus or was that just me because our tour didn't go far so we didn't see much. but it truly is beautiful school. i'd like to hear your opines about it!