University Of Rhode Island | Teen Ink

University Of Rhode Island MAG

Kingston, RI: Over the summer I visited the University of Rhode Island. This beautifully located campus covering 2,000 acres is located in the small town of Kingston. It is about 20 miles from Newport and close to some of the best beaches in New England.

The University consists of seven degree-granting colleges: the College of Arts & Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Human Science and Services, Nursing, Pharmacy and Resource Development; there is also the Graduate School of Oceanography.

The student to faculty ratio is 14: 1. Recently, there were 10,000 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students attending URI.

The acceptance rate is 56%, - the average SAT scores are 463-verbal and 522-math.

There are a variety of lifestyles. The dorms consist of 17 coed residence halls and 2 all-women residences. About 1,800 students take part in the fraternity/sorority system. A popular way of living is "down the line," because URI is so close to the ocean a lot of people who have summer homes will rent to college students for reasonable prices.

Although the town is small, everything you need is there. The people were very friendly and helpful. It is also very easy to get home with the train station not too far away.

I really enjoyed my visit to URI even though it was only for the day.n

Reviewed in 1990

i love this !