Providence | Teen Ink

Providence MAG

Providence, R.I.: The aspect I found most appealing about Providence College was the school's ability to provide all the facilities of a large university while keeping their enrollment to just under 4,000 undergraduates. I was also surprised to find such a beautiful, spacious campus in the midst of the city.

The college is proud of all their Division I sports and the students at PC are the teams' loudest and best fans. Their basketball and hockey teams recently ranked in the top ten in the nation.

Aside from all the activities at PC, the academics are wonderful. The school boasts an excellent two-year Western Civilization program that appears to be very challenging, as well as intriguing.

The dorms are all single sex, some having all triples and others with only doubles. There are two choices for the upperclassmen: off-campus housing in the surrounding city or the brand-new apartments with central heating, wall-to-wall carpeting and much more. The cafeterias, intramural gym and library were all great, modern facilities that could easily spoil any student. My overall impression after my group session: this is the school for me! n

Reviewed in 1991

i love this !