Syracuse University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Syracuse, NY: Syracuse is a large university offering a wide variety of courses. With an undergraduate population of 14,000 students, it offers the chance to meet people from different cultures as well as from all four corners of the globe. The curriculum varies from basic liberal arts to engineering and from nursing to the top-rated School of Communications.

Syracuse University is set in an urban hub and is a city in itself, with old-style architecture and new modern facilities like the Carrier Dome, home of the Orangemen, and the Schaffer Art Complex. There are many different style dormitories to choose from. The rooms range from singles and doubles to suites for up to six people. For the most part, the rooms are comparable to your typical college dorms. The food is another story. I have heard from many students that it is not too good. However, the newly renovated Kimmel Dining Hall now serves favorites like Burger King, Taco Bell, etc. It is a welcome change from dining hall food.

If you are interested in attending a large university with a friendly student population, I would suggest Syracuse. It offers a chance for a great education. The yearly tuition, including room, board and meals is around $21,000. Don't worry, financial aid is offered. n

Reviewed in 1993