Northwestern University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Northwestern University

Evanston, IL: Imagine a university with outstanding academics, including a top-notch journalism school, a breath-taking campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, and Big Ten college spirit.

Northwestern University is this school. Its beauty jumped out at me the first time I saw the campus and Lake Michigan this July. Northwestern borders a stunning lake with a magnificient summer breeze, has beautiful architecture, and is located just north of Chicago, where you can see the skyline clearly! The university even has its own private beach!

However, the campus is not the only great part about Northwestern. For academics, Northwestern cannot be beat! It is one of the top 25 national universities, and has six undergraduate schools, including the highly respected Medill School of Journalism. Together, their six schools offer almost 50 majors. Competition here is fierce, with over 80 percent of the freshmen in the top ten percent of their high school class, and over half in the top third.

For recreation, Northwestern has its beachfront sports pavillion, with a 200-meter track and indoor courts, and aquatic center with an Olympic-sized pool. I swam in the pool during my visit, which was wonderful, with several diving boards, lap lanes, even an underwater observation area! If you prefer outdoor activities, you can always go rollerblading or jogging along Lake Michigan or play tennis in the outdoor courts.

If this sounds intriguing, I encourage you to visit Northwestern University for yourself! You will not be disappointed!

Review by L. M., Wells, VT

Reviewed in 1993

MichelleER said...
I want to go here so bad! It's my first choice school, I know its a long shot but visiting it only made me want to go even more. This article made me happy!

Invisibleink replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 11:27 am :
Hey, sorry I know you probably forgot that you commented on this, but did you end up getting into Northwestern? I'm joining next year, so I was just wondering....