Mount Holyoke This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

South Hadley, MA: I had heard that graduates of women's colleges are very successful in life. Still, I was unable to understand why anyone would want to go to a women's college. That is, until I visited Mount Holyoke College.

The campus is beautiful; the classrooms are small, which provides for a good learning environment, and the women are personable. However, there was something special about Mount Holyoke that I had not encountered at many other colleges. I could feel the excitement as four women spoke of their experiences and the activities they were involved with. These women were intelligent and had the ambition to learn and accomplish their goals.

If this were a coed college, it would be perfect, I thought to myself as I was leaving the campus. It was not until later that I realized Mount Holyoke is special because it is an all-women's college. Maybe the excitement and ambition that the students possess would not exist if it were a coed college. f

Reviewed in 1995