Kean College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Union, NJ: The main thing that attracts me to Kean College is the enthusiastic response I have heard from its graduates. Kean alumni have emphasized the positive academic aspects of the college.

As a high school senior, I have set a high standard for myself with the intent of being a Special Education teacher. My interest is to find a college that has the best educational possibilities for this career and Kean has an excellent program - Exceptional Educational Opportunities.

I am a student with special needs. Because of my learning disability (perceptually impaired), I will need extra help in my academic areas. Since Kean College is equipped to provide special guidance to students like me, I am confident that Kean can help me to grow academically.

In addition, Kean, being a New Jersey State College, offers me the financing that my family and I can afford. The close proximity of the college to my home in Northern Jersey gives me a feeling of security.

My introduction to Kean so far has been positive. In talking with Kean College graduates and reading the brochures, I feel that Kean can provide me with a stable education as well as a comfortable living environment. f

Reviewed in 1995