Boston College | Teen Ink

Boston College MAG

Chestnut Hill, MA: I will certainly agree that the search for the perfect college is not an easy task. Months of receiving information in the mail, sorting through it, and reading to the bottom of endless stacks of college bulletins did not play a large part in helping me. I realized that actual college visits would be the deciding factor. After what seemed to be dozens of visits, I thought I had made my decision. However, this changed in early October after visiting Boston College.

After completing the tour, I decided that Boston College was my first choice. While walking through the campus, I felt more comfortable than I had felt at any other college. I didn't find myself nervous as I had been during the other visits. I was excited. I noticed that the students were energetic and happy to be there. Most important, I could picture myself at this school. I could see myself walking through the campus, sitting in the classrooms and participating in extracurricular activities.

The location of Boston College also played an important role in my decision. It is not too far from home, so I will be able to visit; yet it is far enough away so I will feel I am in a new place and independent. Boston is an animated city with many things to do. The sports stadiums (Fenway Park and Boston Garden) are close by. Unbelievable displays of art can be found at the Museum of Fine Arts, and the best music is performed at Symphony Hall. Afternoons can be spent browsing in the Aquarium and Museum of Science, or shopping at Faneuil Hall and Harvard Square. Even so, the Boston College campus itself is not just thrown in the middle of the city. It is ideally located for students with the ambition to learn. Boston College provides a beautiful setting and friendly atmosphere for the students. f

Reviewed in 1995

i love this !