Ithaca College | Teen Ink

Ithaca College MAG

By Anonymous

   Ithaca, NY: For those who are still confused whether they want to attend a college in an urban setting or one more secluded, Ithaca College is the best of both worlds. The campus itself is set on South Hill overlooking Cayuga Lake. Ithaca is set in the center of the Finger Lakes region providing both a beautiful view of the lakes as well as a location close to both Binghamton and Syracuse (for those who prefer a city). Ithaca itself is a beautiful town. Safety for many is also a growing concern. Recently the college put in several emergency telephones placed strategically around campus. Security is very strong, creating an atmosphere of safety for students.

Students who enjoy all aspects of music and who are interested in pursuing a career in music will love Ithaca and its facilities. The college itself is known for one of the most outstanding music programs in New York. All areas of educational needs and career opportunities are also well covered, offering excellent programs for any interest.

Ithaca offers bachelor degrees in areas of arts, sciences, fine arts, music as well as masters degrees in science and music.

The size of the campus is perfect for those who appreciate spacious walking areas and many facilities while enjoying a secluded, safe atmosphere also. The student body consists of about 6,400 students from 44 states and 29 countries. The student/teacher ratio is 13 to 1 offering individual attention in all classes.

Students who are concerned with financial aid need not worry. Ithaca offers aid to over 55 percent of all students.

Ithaca College, the largest private residential college in New York State, is an excellent choice for college-bound students, offering wonderful programs of study, cultural knowledge, safety and an all-around perfect environment. f




Reviewed in 1995