Embry-Riddle Aeronautical This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Prescott, AZ:

In the midst of the desert landscape of Arizona, next to the small town of Prescott, you will find the campus of the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. At first glance, a college of ERAU's size might be overlooked by a soon-to-be high school graduate swamped with offers and materials from dozens of colleges. However, overlooking Embry-Riddle, or discounting the college because of its size would be a great mistake.

The college campus is beautiful and the air is warm, dry, and filled with the steady murmur of the campus's flight line of aircraft used to teach students how to fly. Flight, however, is not the only reason to attend Embry-Riddle. Aeronautical and electrical engineering, computer science, and several other majors make it the ideal school for any student wishing for a future career in the aerospace and aeronautical fields.

With a typical student body size of 1700 students, don't be surprised if you find that you suddenly have dozens of new friends who enjoy the same activities you do. You will find that these new friends become a second family that grows with every day of your education at the college.

All of this adds up to a college experience that you will never forget. f

Reviewed in 1995