Stonehill College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Easton, MA: Stonehill is a small Catholic college with about 1,950 students. Founded in 1948 by Holy Cross Fathers, it is located just 25 miles from Boston. Situated on a 375-acre campus, it allows room to grow and succeed. With its small population, Stonehill gives you a feeling of family.

Stonehill's main focus is the student's education. It offers degrees in business, science and the liberal arts. The average class size is 23 with a 17: 1 student/teacher ratio. The classes are all taught by well-educated, supportive professors.

If you see boarding in your future, I highly recommend Stonehill. It guarantees on-campus housing for all four years. You may choose from a suite, a town-house, or the traditional residence hall. The suite consists of four bedrooms (two people in each) a common room and a bathroom. A town-house is for the upperclassmen and the residence hall has many two-person bedrooms.

Approximately 80% of the students participate in Stonehill's varsity and intramural sports. The recently built Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex provides a great place for the many fun activities.

Stonehill's student body appeared to be very involved with activities whether it was sports or volunteer work. I believe the church located on campus also brings students closer through masses and campus ministry.

I was very impressed with the well-guided tour. Initially, our small group, including parents, were led to a room at the Alumni Center. There we were informed of the college's background and the admissions process. Then our group was taken on a tour of the campus guided by two students, a junior and a senior. They truthfully told us what they thought of Stonehill and answered any questions we had.

Altogether I was very impressed with Stonehill. I feel it is a perfect example of a wonderful college. With its friendly atmosphere and great education program, this will definitely be one of the colleges I apply to. f

Reviewed in 1995

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 11:54 pm
i love this !