West Point This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

West Point, NY: West Point (the United States Military Academy) is the perfect school for students who wish to broaden their academic ability, increase their leadership potential, and sharpen their physical abilities. Every student receives a full four-year scholarship from the United States government. This includes tuition, room, board, and medical and dental expenses. Every student also receives an annual salary.

To be accepted, however, you must be in excellent physical and academic "condition." A number of physical, medical and academic tests need to be successfully completed before admission.

Students can choose from 30 fields of study and can major in 20 of these fields. Upon graduation, students receive a Bachelor of Science degree and a commitment of service for six years as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army.

West Point is the ideal school for the student who wants to receive the best education and job training our country has to offer. f

Reviewed in 1996