Arizona State University | Teen Ink

Arizona State University MAG

By Anonymous

   

Tempe, AZ: Arizona State University is located in the heart of the valley of the sun. If you like the blossom of the Saguro cactus, cactus wren, and the paloverdes, you'll love ASU.

When I visited the Grand Canyon state my mouth dropped with astonishment. The campus was beautiful, so was the weather. I was there for two weeks and not a drop of rain fell. Tempe, where the school is located, is a town where one could never be bored. There is a street, Mill Avenue, that can entertain you for days, if you like shopping, movies, and dancing. Right next to Tempe is Phoenix, the eighth largest city in the United States. In Phoenix you an visit the Phoenix Zoo, the museums and libraries, and the many malls.

The school has a large campus with many services and resources students can use including the Student Health Center, Learning Resource Center, Office of Student Life, the library and computer facilities. The Student Recreation Complex impressed me the most. Indoors there are three large gymnasiums, 15 racquetball courts, martial arts, aerobics and sport club rooms. Outdoors you'll find 14 tennis courts, playing fields, a track and a swimming pool. When it's time to take a break from your studies, ASU definitely will not leave you with nothing to do.

In conclusion, I felt at home the minute I stepped foot on the campus. I like where the school is situated as well as its activities and school spirit. ASU is a school where one can achieve academically, socially and be carefree, all with beautiful weather. f








Reviewed in 1996