Bentley | Teen Ink

Bentley MAG

Waltham, MA: Approximately 3,300 undergraduate students who represent 38 states and 70 foreign countries study each day at Bentley College. Bentley consistently ranks among the top business specialty schools in the country. The college campus is located in Waltham, Massachusetts, which is just ten miles west of Boston. Founded in 1917 as Bentley School of Accounting and Finance, the college moved to its present location from downtown Boston in 1968. The campus combines the spaciousness of a suburban campus with an Olympic size pool, fitness center, football field, track, tennis courts, and luxurious campus centers with the proximity of the cultural and sporting opportunities of the city of Boston. The Bentley Shuttle runs seven days a week in and out of the city, free of charge.

Accredited with the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Bentley offers both BS and BA programs. The balance between the blend of business and liberal arts courses is designed to foster skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, and effective communication which are certainly the most necessary skills to develop for success in the real world. In addition to the four year BA or BS undergraduate programs, a five year BA-MBA or BA-MSA is offered for those competitive students desirous of a graduate degree right after their undergraduate degree.

Bentley offers athletic competition as a member of NCAA Division II and is a member of the Northeast-10 Conference. In addition to team membership, intramural competition is also available.

As a spectator at a Bentley College football game, it was easy to see the enthusiasm and friendliness of the student body. It was evident that a genuine pride exists in the student body. They seem happy to be there! This, along with the excellence of courses surely make Bentley College a great choice for those interested in a business career. f

Reviewed in 1996

i love this !