Quinnipiac | Teen Ink

Quinnipiac MAG

Hamden, CT: On the weekend of my first visit to Quinnipiac, I had also visited several other colleges. They were nice, but none really struck me as a place I would be happy spending the next four years of my life. Quinnipiac was the last college I visited, and I was feeling very discouraged; what if I never found a college I was happy with? Within seconds of my arrival at Quinnipiac, my fears were erased.

Quinnipiac is located only minutes from New Haven and a half an hour from Hartford. This location is perfect for me because while I would rather not be living directly in the city, I definitely want to have immediate access to one. Hamden itself is a small suburban town, famous for Sleeping Giant Mountain, located right next to Quinnipiac's campus.

I had not even stepped from the car before I could see how beautiful the campus was. Quinnipiac is a moderate-sized school with a student body of 5000. The campus fits these numbers perfectly. To get from one end of the campus to the other takes about five minutes of walking. Without seeing the campus one might envision it as cramped, however, it is actually very spacious and beautifully arranged.

The facilities are very modern. I was most impressed with the new state-of-the-art mass communications center, The Ed McMahon Mass Communications building, which is their liberal arts center. lt contains all the latest technology for communications, whether it be television, radio, or print journalism.

The staff was all extremely accessible and the people in the admissions office were very helpful to anyone with questions or comments. The tour guide was also knowledgeable about all aspects of the college.

One year later I have been on countless college tours and it is still Quinnipiac that stands out in my mind as being the most impressive. I would recommend to any prospective college students who want a solid liberal arts education to look into Quinnipiac College. f

Reviewed in 1997

i love this !