Oneonta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Oneonta, NY: Going to college is one of the hardest transitions one makes. It is also one of the most important. Choosing the right college will influence some, if not all, of what you end up doing with your life. That is why it is very important to research and find the college that fits you best.

My parents and I visited Oneonta College a couple of weeks ago. It was rather interesting to experience "college life" first-hand. Seeing students attending class, the facilities, and life at a college as a whole was a great pleasure.

Oneonta is a rather interesting, coed campus in Oneonta, NY. It is well-known for its academic excellence and outstanding faculty. Even with an enrollment of only 5,000 undergraduates, the college clubs, sporting events and different activities occur almost on a year-round basis which makes it seem like a university.

I was lucky to have the opportunity to stay for the weekend and discover many excellent and exciting parts of student life. The dormitories were excellent. The basic dorm was a suite with a good-sized lounge, two bedrooms, and a bathroom at each end. One of the things that was very attractive was the campus set-up. Everything is very compact and easy to get to on foot. The farthest you walk on campus is about five minutes.

The college also has an excellent athletic program. They compete in Division III and play some very competitive teams including Cortland and Alfred.

I think that overall Oneonta College is a very nice, competitive school that allows a student to get a top education. I would recommend visiting. f

Reviewed in 1997