Skidmore College | Teen Ink

Skidmore College MAG

By Anonymous

   Saratoga Springs, NY: Located in one of the cultural art centers of the world, Skidmore lies in the heart of Saratoga Springs. Skidmore's beautiful campus has striking views of the Adirondack mountains, beautiful scenery with all of its buildings in sparkling condition. The campus itself is beautiful. The buildings are located in a central area of the campus which makes it very easy to get from class to class.

Skidmore College's strengths lie in the liberal arts, fine arts, and performing arts. In addition to its highly regarded reputation as a liberal arts school, it has a core curriculum entitled, Liberal Studies which exposes students to the Western arts and sciences.

The enrollment at Skidmore is fairly small. Last year it had 2,200 students. Due to its size, it is very easy to have a one-on-one relationship with professors. They are accessible and they are always willing to help. Internships are easily obtainable and most professors live nearby enabling student contact. The professors and the student body seem sincere and incredibly nice. The home-away-from-home ambiance created at Skidmore will make the transition of leaving home a little easier.

Living conditions are superb. The dorms are rated number one in the country. After freshmen year, you are almost guaranteed your own room. The on-campus facilities are enormous. The college library has an abundance of books and periodicals along with computer labs for access to the World Wide Web and E-mail. The sports complex is fully equipped with everything from swimming facilities to equestrian facilities.

In addition to the many opportunities offered at Skidmore academically, socially and professionally, Saratoga Springs also provides entertainment options and exciting events. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is nearby and provides cultural entertainment often by the New York City ballet, etc.

Skidmore College is two hours from New York City and Boston, so the location is ideal for anyone who wants to take a road trip to the greatest cities in the world.

To any student interested in a well-rounded education, Skidmore has a lot to offer. I highly recommend it. Skidmore is in a class all of its own.f




Reviewed in 1998