Babson | Teen Ink

Babson MAG

By Anonymous

    Wellesley, MA: Recently I had the opportunity tovisit Babson College. Babson is a four-year school founded in 1919,which focuses on business and entrepreneurial studies. It has been ratedby U.S. News and World Report as #1 in entrepreneurship and #1 as abusiness specialty school for eight consecutive years. Babson is located14 miles west of Boston and consists of a 450-acre campus with more than50 residential, classroom, athletic and administrative buildings. About1,650 undergraduates attend the college, and there are more than 130full-time faculty members; the average class size is 27.

Anotherinteresting fact about Babson College is that it has implementedGlobeNet, a client/server network, throughout campus. Also, computersare used in many classrooms and it is recommended that you own a laptop.

On my tour I also learned that there are many start-up studentbusinesses on campus. These businesses provide students withopportunities to gain work experience, make an income and explore careerpossibilities.

If you are interested in majoring in the field ofbusiness, or are looking for a school that combines business and liberalarts courses, I strongly recommend that you take a look at Babson. Ibelieve it will help you embark on a new journey and will lead toboundless opportunities.


Reviewed in 1998