Stonehill | Teen Ink

Stonehill MAG

By Anonymous

   Easton, MA: Choosing a college can be a very difficult experience. If you're searching for a small college nestled in a country setting away from the city skyline, Stonehill College is the school for you. Stonehill is a four-year college, founded in 1948. The campus remains strikingly beautiful after fifty years of serving a worldwide community.

Stonehill College has had 14,500 graduates. I know a great deal about Stonehill College because my brother, my uncle and my cousin have all graduated from it. My other brother is attending Stonehill for his third year and is enjoying every minute of it.

The number of dorms is very accommodating to the small number of men and women. They have been renovated recently, which gives the campus a modern look in preparation for the 21st century. Each room is cable-ready. Hook-ups to the Internet are also available. Some of the dorms are coed. Another feature is a newly completed library which provides the students with a substantial number of resource materials in a peaceful setting.

Stonehill College has a number of sports, including baseball, football, soccer and rugby. There is a giant sports complex with basketball courts, a track and a workout center in the midst of woods.

Intramurals exist for those who don't make the sports teams. In this program, one dorm plays against another. Both of my brothers have played with their friends in this program.

Stonehill College has a wonderful academic program and offers a variety of majors, including business, criminal justice, psychology, education, liberal arts, communication, chemistry, biology, health care administration and history. Approximately 68% of Stonehill's graduates go on to graduate school.

Unlike Boston College and other major colleges in New England, Stonehill College is not large and overly developed. Stonehill's rural setting, makes it one of New England's most peaceful, quaint and serene colleges. f

Stonehill Review by Patrick C.,

Boston, MA


Reviewed in 1998