University of Delaware This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Newark, DE: The University of Delaware is located nearthe northern tip of the state. I took a walking tour with a student guide andspent a lot of time exploring the beautiful 1,000-acre campus.

Although class sizes range from just one student to a lecture class of 300, 79percent of the classes have fewer than 40, which is definitely a plus.

I was impressed with campus dining; there are over 18 different dining areas. Allstudents living on campus must purchase a dining plan.

Housing isguaranteed for all four years. Delaware students can pick their residence hall orchose special-interest housing, such as honors or smoke- and alcohol-free halls.All halls have state-of-the-art security systems, live-in staff and computerservice with direct access to the Internet. I recommend the University ofDelaware, but the best way to see if it is the right place for you is to visit.

Reviewed in 2000