Fairfield University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Fairfield, CT: Fairfield University, located in a beautiful suburban area, has a studentbody of 4,200. This Jesuit institution offers a solid liberal arts education witha focus on learning through experience. Nearby New York City provides a fullrange of internships, service projects and extracurricular activities. As afreshman, whether you major in business, engineering, nursing or arts andsciences, satisfying the core requirements will expose you to a broad range ofsubjects. The student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1 allows students to form personalrelationships with professors.

In addition to strong academics, Fairfieldhas an impressive athletic program with 21 teams at the Division I level and manyintramural teams. Housing opportunities abound; 80 percent of students live oncampus. The 105 townhouses available for juniors and seniors combine the benefitsof apartment living with the convenience of being on campus. Fairfield has a truecommunity feeling from the chapel to the classroom to the athletic fields. It isan extraordinary university.

Reviewed in 2000