Johns Hopkins University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University islocated just north of downtown Baltimore, and consists of 140 acres of parks, lawns and gardens. Foundedin 1876, Johns Hopkins is the nation's smallest major research university with 3,700 undergrads and1,400 graduate students.

The academic program is very flexible. Students can choose from manymajors in engineering, arts and sciences.

Acceptance to Johns Hopkins University is verycompetitive. Once there, students can be involved in campus activities through the 150 clubs and 14fraternities and sororities, or through a number of intercollegiate sports. Men's and women's lacrosse bothcompete at the NCAA Division I level and the other 25 sports compete in Division III.

Johns HopkinsUniversity has a beautiful campus and a pleasant atmosphere. The social life seems fun and very lively.With a wide range of majors, Johns Hopkins is a highly ranked, wonderful university.

Reviewed in 2000