Fordham University | Teen Ink

Fordham University MAG

New York, NY: If you'relooking for a big-city university that also offers its students a close-knit community, the school you havebeen searching for could be Fordham University. Fordham has more than 6,000 undergraduates and tworesidential campuses, Rose Hill in the Bronx and Lin-coln Center in Manhattan.

I recently touredthe beautiful Rose Hill campus and it was love at first sight. Fordham is alive with action, and is like a littletown in the middle of the Big Apple. Fordham offers limitless opportunities, including cultural, educational,social and recreational programs to meet every student's interests.

Fordham's academic programhas liberal arts courses such as philosophy, history, literature, languages, the natural and social sciences,the arts and theology. The average class size of only 19 ensures that students really get to know theirprofessors.

It is obvious that Fordham keeps up with technological advances. Three years ago theschool opened a $54 million library, which seats 1,500 people and has 450 computer workstations. Inaddition, there are plenty of computer labs with Internet access scattered throughout the campus. Allresidence halls at Fordham have Internet connections as well.

One of the greatest advantages ofFordham is the location; New York City is a perfect place for students to find internships. Students can alsoexplore the city during their free time, eating at one of the endless choices of restaurants, catching aBroadway show or swinging by the MTV studios to watch "Total Request Live."

I highlyrecommend Fordham University to any student interested in going to college in a big city. I think it isdefinitely worth your time to check out this school.

Reviewed in 2000

i love this !