Cornell University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Ithaca, NY: Located in theFinger Lakes region of upstate New York, Cornell University is an Ivy Leagueinstitution respected for its methods of educating since its founding in 1865.Its mission remains to educate regardless of religious beliefs. Outstandingacademics are available at seven colleges, including the College of Arts andSciences, the College of Human Ecology and the College of HotelAdministration.

With an undergraduate enrollment of 13,500, Cornell is acity itself, surrounded by the natural beauty of Ithaca. Collegetown is agrouping of stores, restaurants and cafes within walking distance of campus andis the social scene for students.

Cornell is a Division I school in allsports except football, which is Division II. Ice hockey is taken very seriouslyand the annual game against rival Harvard University is a fun experience forstudents and families. The school offers a multitude of activities and clubs.On-campus housing is available, with additional housing in Collegetown. Irecommend a trip to Cornell - take a serious look at the school and its manyopportunities.

Reviewed in 2000