University of Rhode Island This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   Kingston, RI: The University of Rhode Island is locatedin the beautiful town of Kingston with approximately 10,500 undergraduates, 31percent from out-of-state. After my short visit, I found the university seemed tohave just about everything a college student could want. The beach? Ten minutesaway. Skiing? Just a few short hours. Fun? You bet.

URI has plenty tooffer freshmen. Not only is the university known for excellent academics, but ithas Division I sports (with the exception of football, which is Division I-AA).Freshmen have many options to help them adapt to college life, including thechoice of living on or off campus, the privilege of having a car and many clubsand organizations.

Overall, I was very impressed with URI. I couldpicture myself on the beautiful campus and choosing from one of the more than 60majors. It seems like the right school for the perfect combination of a fineeducation and a social life. If you are in the process of college hunting, take alook at URI.

Reviewed in 2000