Loyola Marymount University | Teen Ink

Loyola Marymount University MAG

Los Angeles, CA: Loyola Marymount University, a Jesuitinstitution, is the largest Catholic university in Southern California. The100-acre campus is on a bluff overlooking Marina del Rey surrounded by quainthouses and magnolia tree-lined streets. The beauty of the community is matchedonly by the campus.

If you're looking for a small university where youwon't get lost in the crowd, Loyola Mary-mount University may be for you. LMU hasan undergraduate enrollment of 4,727 and, with its graduate and law schools, thestudent body totals only 7,306 students. Because of the small size, students areable to get individual attention with a student to faculty ratio of about 13:1.Although tuition alone runs $17,932 a year, there are scholarships to look into.LMU offers degrees in the School of Education and four colleges: Liberal Arts,Business Administration, Communication and Fine Arts and Science and Engineering.

If it's culture and diversity you're looking for, LMU has plenty of thattoo. The university has all the advantages of Los Angeles, yet students canretreat to the small atmosphere of the diverse campus. Forty percent of thestudent body are minority students. LMU has many unique traits; for example, itwas the only university given a piece of the Berlin Wall.

When lookingWest for quality education, be sure to check out Loyola Marymount University.Reviewed in 2000

i love this !