Louisiana State University | Teen Ink

Louisiana State University MAG

Baton Rouge,LA: Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College is inLouisiana's capital city of Baton Rouge. Since its founding almost 140 years ago,LSU has grown into a 2,000-acre campus, bordered on the west by the mightyMississippi River. It has been voted one of the top 20 most beautiful campuses inthe nation; the original buildings are Italian Renaissance style with stuccoexteriors and terra cotta tile roofs. There is an abundance of live oak treesscattered across campus, whose estimated value is $36 million.

LSU has adiverse student body of 30,000 from all 50 states and more than 120 countries. Itoffers bachelor's degrees in 72 fields and master's degrees in 75; doctoraldegrees are available in 54 fields including the D.V.M. degree from theVeterinary School and three degrees from the Herbert Law Center.

LSUranks in the top 150 of the nation's universities and remains one of the 25colleges nationwide designated as both a land grant and sea grantcollege.

LSU is also esteemed for its athletic accomplishments andfacilities. The university recently renovated and expanded Tiger Stadium,bringing its capacity to 91,600, making it the fourth largest on-campus facilityin the nation. The Pete Maravich Assembly Center ranks among the top 50basketball arenas in the country, and baseball's Alex Box Stadium is one of thelargest, but more importantly, has led the NCAA for average attendance. TheBernie Moore Track and Field Stadium is home to 12 women's outdoor track andfield champions, as well as a men's track team rich in tradition. LSU is anactive member of the NCAA and is part of the Southeastern Conference.

LSUis a university with something for everyone, from athletes to futureveterinarians. It is the most beautiful campus I have visited and is a greatplace to have a good time. If you would like to attend a university that is richin tradition and offers a diverse curriculum, LSU is for you.

Reviewed in 2000

i love this !