Wake Forest University | Teen Ink

Wake Forest University MAG

By Anonymous

    Winston-Salem, NC: Wake Forest University is an outstanding school. When I visited this campus,I quickly fell in love with all it has to offer. Everything was in perfectcondition, from the dormitories to the landscape. About 4,000 undergraduatesattend the university, which allows students to get help from their professorswithout the feeling of being back in high school. The technology isstate-of-the-art and freshmen receive an IBM laptop, which they can trade intheir junior year for the latest model. Beginning next year, the computers won'tneed cables to be hooked up to the Internet.

Academically, Wake Forest isamong the 30 best universities in the country. Professors are always available,including world-renowned poet and author, Maya Angelou. When it comes toattending classes, almost all the buildings are in the same quad as thedormitories, which can be very convenient at 8 a.m.

For those interestedin more than academics, there are many activities. There are Division I-A teamsto watch (or play on), including the basketball team on which NBA superstar TimDuncan played. There are also intramural teams and many clubs. For thoseinterested in a Greek system, there are sororities and fraternities.

Wake Forest is an excellent college not only for its academics, but also itssocial life. If you are in North Carolina, I recommend you tour Wake Forest. I'mglad I did.


Reviewed in 2000