University of North Carolina at Greensboro | Teen Ink

University of North Carolina at Greensboro MAG

Greensboro, NC: I recentlyattended the University of North Carolina at Greensboro's annual open housebecause I figured it would help me learn about the school.

When I arrivedat the university, I was astonished. The campus was perfect, with stately brickbuildings and ivy-covered walls. It is what my ideal university would look like.

UNCG has more than 120 undergraduate programs. With a 15:1 student tofaculty ratio, it is large enough for variety and small enough to care about eachstudent. Everyone was so friendly; both professors and students went that extramile to make me feel comfortable.

UNCG is one of the least expensivefour-year public schools in the country. It is also one of the best academically,making it an exceptional value.

UNCG's gorgeous campus is located in theheart of Greensboro, one of the best places to live in America. Leading nationalcompanies are located near the campus, providing employment and internshipopportunities. Greensboro has a reputation for having a healthy environment, alow crime rate and a high quality of life.

UNCG has been selected forinclusion in The 331 Best Colleges (2000 edition, Princeton Review). The FiskeGuide to Colleges (2000 edition) wrote that, "With its strong academicofferings, tight-knit community and low cost, UNC Greensboro is easily one ofNorth Carolina's best values in higher education."

UNCG's School ofMusic is considered one of the best in the country, and the School of Educationwas recently ranked among the nation's top programs by U.S. News and WorldReport. The School of Human Environmental Sciences has a long-standingreputation, and the Bryan School of Business and Economics has beeninternationally accredited. Also, UNCG was ranked first among the 16 UNC campusesby graduates who believe the quality of instruction in their major isexcellent.

During my visit I felt like the staff and faculty actuallycared about me. Everyone greeted me, asking my name and where I was from.Everywhere I went, a UNCG staff member was there to answer my questions.

The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is one of the bestcolleges someone could attend, and everything I want mine to be. Its motto is"Where students come first," and I firmly believe that I would get themost out of my education by attending the school.

Reviewed in 2001

i love this !