Eastern Illinois University | Teen Ink

Eastern Illinois University MAG

Charleston, IL:When I visited Eastern Illinois University, I waspleasantly surprised. One of the lesser-known state schools, about 11,000students attend Eastern. I began my visit talking to an admissions counselor. Shewas friendly and seemed excited that I was interested.

Then I went on astudent-guided tour with five other prospective students. Despite the fact thatit was raining, the campus was pretty. The main building resembles a castle. Theguide was very helpful and well informed. He even took me to the English building- which wasn't on the tour - after I asked about the English program. Everythingon campus is within walking distance, and the place has a really close feeling.All of the buildings were open for us to go through. I liked that they showed usa dorm room so we could see what they are like.

Eastern offers 48 academicmajors and has an average class size of 15 students. What I found mostinteresting was the textbook rental service. Instead of spending hundreds ofdollars every semester on books, Eastern students can rent the books they needand return them at the end of the semester.

After the tour, I talked tothe admissions counselor again. She answered all my questions about applying,financial aid, the honors programs, and housing options. Prospective students canapply online or write to request an application.

I thoroughly enjoyedvisiting Eastern, and it is one of my top three choices. Any student looking fora friendly and beautiful college environment will benefit from a visit to EasternIllinois University.

Reviewed in 2001

i love this !