University of Vermont This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
    Burlington,VT: The University of Vermont, founded in 1791, is located in one of the mostbeautiful parts of the country and has much to offer its 7,470 undergraduatestudents. The university sits atop a hill in Burlington, Vermont overlooking LakeChamplain. This college-centered town has a population of 40,000, with its centeronly a one-mile walk from campus. Burlington has excellent restaurants andclothing stores, along with anything else you would possibly need at college.

Not only is the 425-acre campus beautiful, but the academics also arepromising. The University consists of the College of Agriculture and LifeSciences; the College of Arts and Sciences; the College of Education and SocialServices; the College of Engineering and Mathematics; the College of Medicine;the Division of Continuing Education; the Graduate College; the School of AlliedHealth Sciences; the School of Business Administration; the School of NaturalResources; and the School of Nursing. There are more than 90 undergraduatemajors, plus four pre-professional programs. Looking even further down theacademic road, there are 72 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. Thestudent-faculty ratio at UVM is 14:1. Many sports are available on both varsityand intermural levels.

The University of Vermont is a great school. If youare interested in UVM, I suggest you plan a trip to Burlington and check it out!It might just be the place for you.

Reviewed in 2002