University of Southern California This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

LosAngeles, CA: At first glance, the surroundings of the University of SouthernCalifornia campus aren't very attractive but, once inside, you enter a world ofopportunity. The university has a number of programs including business,accounting, architecture, and, my favorite, cinema-television. The campus isenormous. So large, in fact, that many of the students use bicycles to get fromone class to another on time.

The facilities at USC are excellent. We weretaken on a tour around the campus but I was disappointed that we didn't visit anyrooms. Although the day was gloomy and cold, I felt a great sense of school pridejust being there. The band played and suddenly the day came alive and everyonewas smiling and excited. I had never seen such school spirit. Many of the facultymembers and tour guides began dancing and cheering and even my parents got intoit! It was really something to see.

The University of Southern Californiais a prestigious school with some of the finest students around. The average GPAof 2001's freshman class was 3.9 and their average SAT score was 1400. Althoughthere are high academic expectations for students, the university does stronglyconsider applicants' essays and letters of recommendation. At USC, personalitygoes a long way.

It was an absolutely positive experience visiting thecampus. There is so much more to this school than you see in a pamphlet, or evenat their website. To get the full effect, you need to see it for real and meetthe friendly students and professors. I believe that when looking for a collegeor university, you must consider many, many things before deciding where to apply- and one of them is how enjoyable it would be to attend every day.

Reviewed in 2002