Southern Utah University | Teen Ink

Southern Utah University MAG

CedarCity, UT: Last summer, I had the privilege of visiting an extraordinary school:Southern Utah University. The theater troupe that my two best friends belong totake their annual trip to Cedar City to attend the Utah Shakespeare Festival, andI tagged along.

First of all, the campus is large. Since I go to a smallschool, I am not used to having to walk a great distance from one end of a schoolto the other. What most interested me about SUU was the theater. It was veryspacious and grand, as well as beautifully built. We were given a backstage tourand I was even more amazed. There were at least a dozen rooms for make-up,costumes, props, technical equipment and even one for the actors to sit andrelax.

Nothing, however, could prepare me for my next sight: a theaterbased on the Globe Theatre of Shakespeare fame! It was built in the round so theactors have to play to all sides. The sight took my breath away. I knew at thatmoment that I wanted to attend SUU. Before we left, I collected information onthe admissions process as well from the head of the theater department.

Irecently received word that I've been accepted, so now it all rests on myaudition for a scholarship. Whether I attend or not, I will always have greatmemories of Southern Utah University.

Reviewed in 2002

i love this !