Clarkson University | Teen Ink

Clarkson University MAG

By Anonymous

     Potsdam, NY: Have you ever considered a career inengineering? If you can answer yes to this question, you should visit Clarkson.Located in beautiful rural Upstate New York, Clarkson is a medium-sized schoolwith 2,500 students. It is an academically sound university with a great athleticprogram.

Clarkson is most renowned for engineering, but also offers otherdisciplines with Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration andMaster of Science in Management Systems degrees. Approximately 83 percent ofapplicants are accepted with an average SAT I range of 1090-1280. Tuition isabout $21,400 plus another $8,000 for room and board.

Thestudent-to-faculty ratio is 16:1. On-campus housing is available as well asfraternities and sororities.

Clarkson offers a wide variety ofextracurricular activities, including a student newspaper, theater club, pepband, yearbook and a photo club. They have a Division I hockey team as well as anumber of Division III sports: skiing, baseball, basketball, cross-country, golf,lacrosse, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis and volleyball. They also haveassorted intramural and club sports.

Clarkson's ability to graduateproductive students ready for work is one reason they continue to be so highlyrespected. You can visit the Clarkson University website at www.clarkson.edu



Reviewed in 2003