Drexel University | Teen Ink

Drexel University MAG

Philadelphia, PA: Drexel University was founded by Anthony Drexel in 1891 and is comprised of eight colleges and three schools. Drexel offers a variety of educational opportunities to students through study and internship programs in Europe, Asia and Latin America.

The main campus is located in Philadelphia's University City and is ranked one of the "Best National Universities" by U.S. News & World Report. In 2000, Drexel became the first major university to operate a fully wireless campus; students can access the Internet anywhere - indoors or outdoors - on the 60-acre campus.

Drexel offers many athletic programs including basketball, baseball, crew, field hockey, lacrosse, wrestling and swimming. It also has several recreational sports for students to socialize in a safe, fun environment.

Drexel offers on-campus housing in seven dorms where students have the opportunity to live with people of different backgrounds, interests and ideas. Each dorm has a Hall Council, a group of students who represent the residents and plan activities.

There are several dining halls to choose from that serve food all day, from healthy options to pizza and burgers. There's even a sushi bar.

Drexel offers an outstanding educational opportunity in a historic city environment; you should check it out.

Reviewed in 2004

i love this !