Pratt University | Teen Ink

Pratt University MAG

Brooklyn, NY: When you try to picture acollege campus in Brooklyn, New York, it’s hard to imagine justwhat kind of atmosphere you will find. From brownstones and fine diningto the gangs of Bedstuy, Brooklyn offers incredible diversity culturallyas well as economically. Pratt Institute, located on the dividing linebetween upper and lower Brooklyn, offers samples of both effectivelywhile providing a safe environment in one of America’s greatestcities.

With an enclosed campus of sprawling green fields andunique buildings that are architecturally diverse, Pratt’sbeautiful landscape serves as a hub for students, connecting theculturally rich and historic areas of the south and the “newManhattan” to the north. The school offers a variety of majors,from film to photo and architecture to engineering (both of which Prattis especially well known for).

With all freshmen guaranteedon-campus housing and cooperatives throughout Brooklyn that benefitstudents and accept meal cards, the enclosed campus offers outstandingconditions for first-year students - especially those from small townswho will need time to adjust to city life.

Located in awonderfully diverse community with the night life of Manhattan just asubway ride away, Pratt provides a secure environment for students whileexposing them to the bustling, exciting world of New York City. Seepratt.edu for more.

Reviewed in 2005

i love this !

Ambershort PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Maryland

"Don't compromise yourself, it's all you've got." - Janis Joplin

I'm starting my freshman year this Fall at Pratt University. I couldn't be more excited!

Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
I've recently been thinking intently on college options. My first two choices is NYU and Pratt, so I was very pleased to see someone write an article on it. You give complements and facts about Pratt, but I- personally- would have admired your personal thoughts about the student life at Pratt. I assume you visited the campus, and some brief thoughts of the ambiance of Pratt social life, and the academics there, would have really made a difference. But the description you gave of Pratt made it seem very serene. ^.^