University of Tennessee | Teen Ink

University of Tennessee MAG

Knoxville, TN: The University of Tennessee is a great choice. Located in Knoxville (population: 174,000), its campus is beautiful with trees and the Tennessee River that runs right next to it. There is a lot to keep you entertained including Dollywood, the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Knoxville Zoological Garden as well as the Tennessee Smokies AA baseball team and the Knoxville Ice Bears hockey team. UT has many famous alumni including Howard Baker, former senator and ambassador to Japan; James Buchanan, who won the Nobel Peace Prize; eleven astronaauts and professional athletes Tamika Catchings and Peyton Manning.

Tennessee has many graduate programs including health, art, business, dentistry, education, engineering, law, medicine, music, nursing, social work and veterinary medicine. There’s even a space program.

Tennessee has very good athletics and offers many sports: football, baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country and track and field, golf, swimming, diving, tennis, women’s rowing, volleyball and cheerleading. UT is in the Southeastern conference and excels at many of these sports.

Tennessee would be a great place to go because it has every facet of college life. They have the sports, the city, the area, the academics and plenty of places to keep you entertained. If you want more information, go to utk.edu and find out for yourself what a great school it is.

i love this !