San Diego State Univeristy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

San Diego, CA: My visit to San Diego was topped off with a splendid visit to San Diego State University. My first interest was the academic standards and overall achievement of students there. I was delighted when my tour guide told me that SDSU offers 81 bachelor’s degrees, 59 master’s degrees and 13 joint-doctoral degrees. As I looked further into the academics, I discovered SDSU offers exclusive educational programs for both undergraduate and graduates. The difficult courses pursue creative thinking while enhancing one’s intelligence. Their state-of-the art research facilities compares to those of Ivy League universities.

This university’s athletics are fantastic and the Aztecs keep up with the best teams in their division. The tennis and softball teams are quite renowned.

SDSU is a great university for anyone who wants to pursue success on the field or in the classroom. Check out their website: sdsu.edu.

itchyriver said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 12:45 am
SDSU is nothing at all like an Ivy League school. It can't even compare to a UC school. I have a cousin who attends UCSD, an aunt who works there, and a close friend whose mom works there as well. All of them agree that the quality of education is going down, the class sizes are increasing, and the school is more about partying than studying.

itchyriver replied...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am
excuse me, I meant to say a cousin who attends SDSU (although I do have cousins at UCSD, UCSC, and UCSB...all of whom report back much better experiences). Ultimately, SDSU is an okay school, but it can be made much better as long as the individual is willing to work hard and focus on academics.