Saint Mary’s College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Notre Dame, IN: I first toured Saint Mary’s College as a junior and stayed overnight, which is what I recommend to anyone trying to decide which college to attend. I went with some friends, and although they weren’t really into a women’s school, I loved it because of its peacefulness, beautiful campus, students and staff.

My second tour confirmed my impressions, and after I was able to attend classes for two days, I decided that Saint Mary’s really is for me. The average class size is approximately 17 and when I sat in on a communications class, the professor actually introduced me to the class. We watched a film and afterwards, he asked questions and got everyone involved, even the quieter students. He also knew everyone’s name, which surprised me since it was only the second week of classes. The faculty really cares and wants students to succeed. Expectations are high but if you are willing to work, you will do fine.

I hung out at Notre Dame and went to Mass there, which was amazing. It’s the best of

both worlds, attending a women’s liberal-arts college with a large co-ed university right across the street. Monday through Friday, people study hard and on weekends, they meet Notre Dame students and share hundreds of activities.

Back at St. Mary’s, I was amazed that each hall had a beautiful chapel. The campus is gorgeous, small and quaint, very peaceful. The residence halls are spacious with nice facilities. I was very impressed with every part of the college.

If you want a women’s, liberal-arts college with religious ties and a strong study-abroad program, this is the school for you. I felt at home on my visits and didn’t want to leave. Learn more at stmarys.edu.